Sweden Surfski Open
Paddlers welcome to the new sweddish surfski cup. We and our partners arrange surfski open sea racing. The soul of surfski is that everyone can participate. All you need is a license from your club, if you dont have membership in a club you can allways get a license from the organizer on the raceday. New for 2017 is a funrace outside competition wich is for you who wants to test surfski racing just for fun. This class is open for surfski, seakayaks, oceankayaks.
Classes Sweden Surfski Open
- SS1 Men Woman 2 classes
- SS2 Woman, Men, Mixed 1 class
- SS1 U19 Men Woman 1-2 class
- SS1 SS50 Men Woman 1-2 classes
- SS1 FunRace alla age, open for surfski ocean and seakayak
- At least 3 participants in a class to be estimated, two classes can be put together to reach the correct amount of participants.
Your mandatory equipment
- Competition licence for 2018.
- Leg leash
- PFD (life jacket)
- Smoke Flare
- You shall be dressed to manage at least 30 minutes in water.
- Colourful clothing on shirt and/or PFD, fully black is not allowed!
- Cellphone with Webtracking app installed, w. at least 80% battery capacity
- Competitors must be able to re-enter from water. (Spot-check, on demand. The safety officer on the boats or on land have the right to refuse your start.)
- PLB, VHF or button cell phone
- Fox 40 whistle or similar
- Sticker on paddle in sharp color
Demands from the organizer
- Inspection of the boats and paddlers equipment will be done.
- The organizer have fully right to test one or all paddlers capacity regarding reentry.
- If the organizer jugde that a participant have lack of reentry or stability skills they have the right to stop a paddler to start or take a paddler out of the competition during the race. The paddler have the right to continue on his own risk outside of the race and without safetyhelp.
Out on the ocean
All paddlers have an obligation to help kayakers in distress unless other help is nearby. Participant shall always be able to do a reentry in the condition he is paddling in.
Starting procedur:Mandatory Equipment Organizer: 2 Start flags +1 Land flag +3 Flag Poles(broomstick or similar) +Signal horn +Megafon. Flags provided by Surfski-Open.com. Polehight min. 200cm (provided by the organizer). Land flag shall be up latest from the skipper meetings start placed at the formation/meeting area. The two start flags must be placed visible for all paddlers when they stand at the starting line. Preferably placed on a safetyboat in front of the startingline.
- 30 min to start, land flag down. Long Signal 3-5 sec. Shout out in a megafon ‘Start in 30 min’
- 5 min to start 2 flags.
- 2 min to start 1 flag.
- 1 min to start (means start within 1 min). Officer rise one flag in his hands and shouting in a megafon ‘Start within 1 min’.
- Start: Officer gives a +3 second long signal and lower the flag (used as a start flag).
- Apply the Svenska Kanotförbundet’s rules for warning/disqualifying of paddlers not following the rules during start procedure.